Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Creating Beautiful Storage For Your Creative Space...


Happy Sunday everyone and Happy Spring!  Yes it's April 2nd and Spring has finally sprung here in the Creston valley of beautiful British Columbia, Canada. And today, as it's Stencil Sunday over on the STAMPlorations blog, I want to inspire you by sharing this beautiful storage box I decorated to house my STAMPlorations stamps using the Peony 1 Stencil and a few different pastes.   

This box sits out in the open on the shelving I have in my Studio where I can see it and find it quickly and easily so I wanted it to look amazing.  And it has the added advantage of being an easy-to-see example of what different products look like through a stencil when I am trying to decide what I want to use on a project.

A base coat of dark teal Golden acrylic paint, a layer of Plaid crackle medium and a top coat of white Golden acrylic paint gave me a starting point and then I used Stampendous Dreamweaver Metallic Gold and Glossy Red embossing pastes through the ARTplorations Peony 1 stencil waiting for the red paste flower to dry before layering the second flower in gold paste over top.  I just love how the crackles can still be seen through the gold paste, don't you? 
And finally I used this wonderful product by Pebeo called Cerne Relief to outline the flowers once they had dried.  It just added that little something extra to make them pop and the product went on so beautifully and dried so quickly that I am now using it on everything I do these days!
So that's it for my inspiration for you this month.  And this being the first Sunday of the month we have a brand new "Anything Goes Except a Card" Mixed Media challenge, just use a stencil, any brand.  There are always prizes to be won!!
Prizes:
- $10 gift certificate to the winner voted by the Mixed Media team
- $5 gift certificate each to the 2 top picks
- If there are 25 or more entries: 1 random winner of any 2 standard size stencils
Lynne Mizera, Mixed Media Artist
for the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Design Team
  

STAMPLorations Products used on this project
(Get 20% off your ENTIRE Order over at STAMPlorations when you use my Personal Discount Code! STAMPGIRLLYNNE)
ARTplorations Peony 1

Other products used on this project
 Stampendous Dreamweaver Embossing Pastes
- Glossy Red
- Gold Metallic
Golden Fluid Acrylic Paint
- Dark Teal
- White
Plaid Folk Art Crackle Medium
Pebeo Cerne Relief
- Imitation Lead

 


  

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.