Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Lifebook Changed My Life, (And So Did "Meeting" Effy Wild!)

In Effy's post today, as this month I Blog Along With Effy Wild,  she "Nudged" us to write about someone that had a positive influence on us and to share this person with others.  Also today the registration opened up for Lifebook 2018.  Coincidence? I think not!
It only took a brief moment of self reflection to determine that the biggest positive influence in both my personal and Art life has been discovering and working through my Lifebook lessons. 
Lifebook 2013
 I stumbled across Lifebook in 2013 through a link on Christy Tomlinson's site as I was looking for her "She Girl" on-class, a brand new concept to me at the time.  To be honest the reason I signed up for Lifebook was because the frugal, French-Canadian farmer genes kicked in: "Why pay $50 for one class from one instructor when for $100 you can get 52 lessons from 26 instructors?" It's was a no brainer and I immediately signed up, bought the course and watched my first on-line art instruction video with Tamara Laporte.
Lifebook 2016
That was a  life-changing moment for me!  I could write a book about all the ways this amazing experience changed how I see and feel about myself and my art, but Hey... Tamara already did that this year and it's due to be released in 2018.
Lifebook 2015
I now have Lifebook lessons from 2013 to 2017 downloaded onto my computer and I am off to add 2018 today.  And even though I have yet to finish all 52 lessons in any given year I will continue to sign up. 
Lifebook 2017
Why?  Because I am working through the lesson's on my own personal schedule, in no particular order, one lesson at a time.  This works for me, and each Lifebook year and each Lifebook lesson is always different from the previous and I learn something from every single one. 
Lifebook 2017
I have learned so much on my Lifebook journey these past five years, growing both as a person and an artist, but if I had to pick just one thing out of the many, many gifts and lessons I have received it would be this:  
Lifebook 2015
By making the commitment to complete the Lifebook lessons I made myself a priority, and as big a priority as taking care of my family and my home.  Art became my work and making Art was given value.  I was no longer "playing in my craft room"  but "Working in My Studio".  And this was HUGE for me, because as a woman and a caregiver everyone else's needs always seemed to be more important than my own, and my needs never seemed important enough to make it to the top of list.

Lifebook 2016
So go check out Tamara Laporte and  Lifebook 2018 today ... it may be the best gift you ever buy for YOURSELF!

Various Lifebook lessons completed early 2016
I am Blogging Along With Effy for the month of September, come join us.

Lynne Mizera - Student, Artist, Woman of the World





5 comments:

  1. Your artwork is beautiful! I think Life Book is pretty amazing too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an artist. We are all students. I think the pieces you posted all show your personal style even as I recognized some of the specific lessons. Wow! Yes, you ARE an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne,
    YES to making yourself a priority! I also find your colors swoonworthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is beautiful, I love life book too, I've managed to take part twice over the years and it has been a weekly retreat and replenishment for my soul in all honesty, even if I don't manage the lesson, watching it and having that connection to like minded individuals is amazing ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your works nis so beautiful! I hope to be able to do Lifebook again someday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.